Free or Premium Software?

Ash

Sep 30, 2020
With so many options out there, it's easy to say that whether you pick free or premium software for your website, it won't be a bad decision if the software fits the needs of your site. But do you prefer to go for premium software? Or do you try to stick to free software?

TopSilver

CD Founder
Administrator
Apr 13, 2018
This is a good thread. I actually prefer premium software but if I'm low on money and wanted to start a new project, myBB honestly isn't half that bad. Considering you can transfer everything on the forum to Xenforo 2 later.

zoldos

Contributor
Sep 22, 2020
If I know a site will be successful I like to use paid software. Mainly being Xenforo and Sngine. :)

Joshua Farrell

Contributor
Sep 30, 2020
It depends on the type of site I want to run, and the available addons and extras that I can add to it, to make the site more useful over a clean install. I prefer Premium Softwares, but getting addons for them can be a pain in the wallet.

zoldos

Contributor
Sep 22, 2020
I go with paid software almost exclusively. I know what you mean about plugins tho. Typically, my members donate to pay for extra stuff,

Bizdustry.com

Contributor
Top Poster Of Month
Oct 26, 2020
It really depends on the software. The price tag doesn't always mean better quality - for example, WordPress is free or you could opt for a Premium Version of Wix? WP would be a better solution as you have much more control than the premium version of Wix.