Fun or learning?

JennyorAlice

Jul 23, 2020
Do you read for pleasure or do you read to learn things?

If you read for fun, what are some of your favorite books?

If you read for learning, what specific thing are you trying to learn?

Empire

Kings Of All Kings!
Feb 5, 2021
Awards:
I say both in this matter ;)

I tend to read to able to learn all the time when it comes to doing flight sims and leading the new aircraft and also checklist. And if you think about it that's also fun :) You can do both at once, reading and learning while having a fun time :)

JennyorAlice

Jul 23, 2020
I am normally reading for fun. Reading is something I do to relax when I get home from work. If I've had a long hard day at work, I can read which allows me to escape the stress I've went through that day.

TopSilver

CD Founder
Administrator
Apr 13, 2018
Awards:
I usually read to learn things like coding and programming or web development but I used to read for fun all the time. I've read a handful of books and not tons but I did used to enjoy reading for fun. Just been a while.

HolisticStorm

Jun 29, 2021
I do both. I rarely read novels, but I do often read short stories for entertainment and news articles and such to learn. I also do a lot of reading to learn about tech matters.

StarShip

Jul 5, 2021
I only read personal development books. That itself is a huge ocean.
Was amazed by many great writers such as Napoleon Hill, Tony Robbins.
Known is a drop, unknown is an Ocean.
Keep learning.

MrGreen

Jul 4, 2021
I read books both for fun and learning. I have read most of the books by my favourite authors Arthur Hailey and Robert Ludlum. If the book is really interesting I do repeat reading after a gap. I have read books varying from fiction to educational, mostly all for fun and some for knowledge. Serious reading is mostly technical and related to my field of study which is aviation. Most of the books I read, whether for fun or learning are through books borrowed from library which is cost effective in the long run.

Sincerem

Contributor
Jul 2, 2021
Awards:
Both of them i read for. I don't depend only for the learning, but the fun keeps me spending more time too.

Phoenix

Contributor
Jul 9, 2021
Awards:
I just finished reading a textbook for fun, and might start another one soon. Personally, I keep a small notebook nearby and jot down things I find interesting in each chapter, and then look them up on google to research them further

Joshua Farrell

Contributor
Sep 30, 2020
Awards:
It really depends on the mood I am in at that moment. I read for both usually. I love learning new things, and I also love reading interesting fictional books. If there is a science or historical magazine or text book that has something interesting in it, I'll read that.

ZandraJoi

Jan 28, 2021
Awards:
I read to learn things mainly. I used to read for pleasure. Variety of books, not so many novels. Since getting into holistic living, I read more to learn.
Some of my favorite books are manuals on holistic living & health. How to keep my family as well as my pets healthy. I’m big into preventing as I believe in the An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Other books I have are for Preppers. Always good to have a wide variety of knowledge. Again, the prevention :)