Longest drive in one trip?

RyCanadian

Jul 14, 2021
I just drove 5.5 hours today to go camping. What's the longest amount of time you have driven in one sitting? I drove 12 hours before with a few short breaks..If I did that again I would take more breaks along the way.

TopSilver

CD Founder
Administrator
Apr 13, 2018
To be honest probably 5 1/2 hours just the same to get to where I'm currently at. Been living in a RV park just temporarily because my mom lost her job. She found a new one though and gets her first paycheck soon so we'll be moving back to a house soon.

Demon_skeith

May 6, 2020
I drove a car for nearly 2 hours, ridden in a car for nearly 6 hours on some trips.

These days though my back doesn't like long rides.

Joshua Farrell

Contributor
Sep 30, 2020
One way? Probably the longest was 9-11 hours. There has been a few times where my family would go and do traveling adventures. One being traveling from Las Vegas, Nevada, to Disney Land in Anaheim, California. The other? We were going to Yellowstone, via the Idaho Entry location, and found out that they were getting hit with an early snow storm on that entrance, and we had to find other things to do before getting to the hotel.

Bizdustry.com

Contributor
Top Poster Of Month
Oct 26, 2020
The longest drive would probably be 4 hours here - and this was a family traveling adventure to Cornwall, which is situated in the south of the UK. Trips lasting over 3-4 hours, it's best to stop off on the way to a service station, get something to eat, fill up on gas (petrol/diesel), and smash out the remainder of the journey. It's good to stretch the legs after sitting down for long periods of time.

zoldos

Contributor
Sep 22, 2020
I just drove 5.5 hours today to go camping. What's the longest amount of time you have driven in one sitting? I drove 12 hours before with a few short breaks..If I did that again I would take more breaks along the way.
Hmm... like 8 hours or so. Over 15 in total. I drove 1000 miles down to MS to get with my girl. :D